What Is The Best Medicare Part D Plan?
Part D prescription drug plans cover different medications. The best Medicare Part D plan for you covers the medicines you need and take regularly.
Most plans have a formulary, which is a list of drugs the plan covers. While there are many drugs Medicare requires Part D plans to cover, you still want a plan that fits your personal prescription needs.
Just remember, there are laws that do not allow Medicare Part D insurers to cover certain categories of drugs. These include:
- Non-prescription medications
- Medications for anorexia, weight loss, or weight gain
- Drugs used to promote fertility
- Drugs for cosmetic purposes or to promote hair growth
- Cough or cold medications
- Prescription vitamins and minerals
- Drugs for sexual or ecrectile dysfunction