You Have A Trusted Partner For Your Wellbeing
At Anthem, we take a broad approach to supporting our members’ health. That means addressing a wide range of health-related considerations, including comfort and convenience to make every day easier and help members live longer, healthier lives. That’s what Essential Extras are all about.
Essential Extras Benefits
Created exclusively for Anthem Medicare Advantage members, our innovative Essential Extras provide valuable, no-cost benefits to enhance your quality of life and health outcomes. Members can customize their approach to whole health improvement by choosing up to two of the following Essential Extras benefits, depending on their plan:*
- Utilities – You can receive a $150 quarterly spending allowance toward the payment of household utilities including gas, electric, water, and sewer. It can also be used with your internet and cellular providers.
- Everyday Options Allowance for Dental, Vision, and Hearing – Enjoy up to $500 in additional coverage for your dental, vision, and hearing needs. You get to choose how to spend the annual allowance - towards out-of-pocket costs or additional services.
- Groceries – Save on the cost of healthy groceries with $50 per month good toward purchases at participating stores near you.
- Assistive Devices – An annual allowance of $500 for assistive and safety devices, such as hand rails, shower stools, raised toilet seats, reaching devices and more.
- Transportation – If you need a ride to plan-approved locations, this benefit gives you 60 one-way trips per year.
*Essential Extras is not available with all Anthem Medicare Advantage plans. For some plans, the member or their doctor needs to confirm the benefit is appropriate for his or her care. Unused benefits and/or spending allowances do not roll over monthly, quarterly, or annually.